Skip to main content

September 12

Today we were learning about sound and hearing in Science. We were listening to a video and we needed to guess what was making the sounds. We were watch a foley artist working to make sounds for movies, t.v. shows and video games.

We learned about place value blocks and also about fractions like quarters. Some of us also practiced using a calendar.

We also practiced Talk for Writing where we learned how to tell a Journey Story called Stickman only using pictures. We talked about how our story had 3 problems that the character had to overcome.

Each of our groups got to talk to Mr. Pressey about the spelling rules in their spelling words for this week.

We raised some money and did a practice lap to get ready for our Terry Fox run on Friday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 8th

Good morning everyone, I am still in the process of calling everyone and letting you know your new Razkids' login and making sure that you are able to get onto Google Classroom. For the students that I have not called yet, you can go to your gmail and use the link that I sent you to join our Google Classroom. It has been great talking to you. It should be nice today so get out and enjoy a walk to the sunshine.

March 17

Hello, I hope that everyone is doing well and taking care of themselves. Here are some activity suggestions that the CBE sent out https://cbe.ab.ca/programs/curriculum/learning-at-home/Pages/k-6.aspx I will try to send out more information and activity ideas each day. Here is a daily quiz You can post responses and comments to share your answers if you would like

Welcome Back April 6th 2020

Hi everyone, I hope that everybody had a wonderful break. I know that it was not as social as we would have wanted and the weather has not quite met my expectations of spring yet. But we are back! Over the next couple of days I will be contacting each of you to find out how your break has been and how your family is handling the new situation. I will also be asking you other questions: is anything that we can help you or your family with? can we help you get in contact with any community supports? what kind of computer access do you have? do you need paper learning packages? do you know your student email and log in information? do you need your passwords reset? do you need help getting onto D2L/ Google Classroom? is your guardian receiving emails? Once we have all of this information we will be in a much better position to help you learn from home. Thanks to the people who were checking the blog over the break.  For today I will be adding things to the...