Skip to main content

October 19th


This week we started learning how to dribble in our basketball unit in gym. We crouch down, we bend our knees and bounce with the ball, we use soft spider fingers and our hand tries to follow the ball down and up.

We started doing our subtraction unit and we learned how to estimate, we used pictures to solve. We learned how to start at the small number and count up to the big number to get the difference.

We learned how to be Code Breakers for reading. That is when we find interesting or unknown words and phrases when we read. We learned how finding these words and phrases would help our own writing because writers use really great words.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 8th

Good morning everyone, I am still in the process of calling everyone and letting you know your new Razkids' login and making sure that you are able to get onto Google Classroom. For the students that I have not called yet, you can go to your gmail and use the link that I sent you to join our Google Classroom. It has been great talking to you. It should be nice today so get out and enjoy a walk to the sunshine.

March 17

Hello, I hope that everyone is doing well and taking care of themselves. Here are some activity suggestions that the CBE sent out https://cbe.ab.ca/programs/curriculum/learning-at-home/Pages/k-6.aspx I will try to send out more information and activity ideas each day. Here is a daily quiz You can post responses and comments to share your answers if you would like

April 16

Good morning everyone, I just wanted to remind everyone that we are having our first Google Meet tomorrow at 11 am. If you have not been able to log onto Google Classroom please contact me and I will try to help out however I can. To get onto Google Classroom log onto your student email in the same way that you would get onto Google Docs at school. I should have sent you a class invite. Remember this week we are using Raz Kids for Reading and Prodigy for Math and it would be wonderful if you were practicing your multiplication facts. Grade 3's need to know up to 5 x 5 and the grade 4's need to know up to 7 x 7. We will be using these skills next week when we begin using Google Classroom. Have a great day.