Skip to main content

June 2-7th

June 2-7th

In Science we were building simple machines. There was an axels and wheels kit, a leavers and pulleys kit and a gears and leavers kit. These were all K'nex kits and we worked in small groups. We could build so many cool things using instructions like wells, scissors, chainsaws (not the dangerous kind), see-saws, sailboats, drills and egg beaters and way more.

Yesterday some of the students started doing their presentations for the class. We had some amazing presentations about Mexico, India, the U.K., Russia, South Korea and Japan. We used our index cards to help us remember our speeches and there were some amazing slides. People really remembered to use expressive voices and eye-contact. Mr. Pressey was giving us feedback about our stars and wishes.

By the way. We are having our Celebration of Learning night on Monday, June 17th from 5 - 6 PM. We really hope to see you all there. We will be sharing lots of information about Math and spelling games. We will be showing off our country research as well as some our simple machine building kits.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 8th

Good morning everyone, I am still in the process of calling everyone and letting you know your new Razkids' login and making sure that you are able to get onto Google Classroom. For the students that I have not called yet, you can go to your gmail and use the link that I sent you to join our Google Classroom. It has been great talking to you. It should be nice today so get out and enjoy a walk to the sunshine.

March 17

Hello, I hope that everyone is doing well and taking care of themselves. Here are some activity suggestions that the CBE sent out https://cbe.ab.ca/programs/curriculum/learning-at-home/Pages/k-6.aspx I will try to send out more information and activity ideas each day. Here is a daily quiz You can post responses and comments to share your answers if you would like

Welcome Back April 6th 2020

Hi everyone, I hope that everybody had a wonderful break. I know that it was not as social as we would have wanted and the weather has not quite met my expectations of spring yet. But we are back! Over the next couple of days I will be contacting each of you to find out how your break has been and how your family is handling the new situation. I will also be asking you other questions: is anything that we can help you or your family with? can we help you get in contact with any community supports? what kind of computer access do you have? do you need paper learning packages? do you know your student email and log in information? do you need your passwords reset? do you need help getting onto D2L/ Google Classroom? is your guardian receiving emails? Once we have all of this information we will be in a much better position to help you learn from home. Thanks to the people who were checking the blog over the break.  For today I will be adding things to the...