Skip to main content

Wednesday February 26th

Wednesday February 26th

Dear Parents/Guardians,

On Monday, March 2, O.S. Geiger will be hosting Le Bûcheron (Lumberjack). He will be teaching our students about Canadian traditions and cultural diversity through stories, music, spoons and dance. Our Grade 4 – 6 students will learn some traditional French-Canadian dances and spoons. These students will then present these dances and music during a school-wide presentation at 11:00 a.m.

In the afternoon, students will learn about the maple syrup making process and its’ historical roots with Indigenous peoples who then shared this skill with the early settlers. Students will also make a maple syrup treat called maple taffy. This is heated maple syrup poured on crushed ice and then students will roll their popsicle stick on the maple syrup creating a maple taffy treat!

If you have any questions or concerns about these events or if your child has food allergies to maple syrup, please contact either Ms. Peltier, Mrs. Murphy or Mrs. Perszon at 403 777 6950.




Also our student have been working really hard on their animal classes slide show presentation. I am sure that they would love to show you all that they have learned about their animals. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 8th

Good morning everyone, I am still in the process of calling everyone and letting you know your new Razkids' login and making sure that you are able to get onto Google Classroom. For the students that I have not called yet, you can go to your gmail and use the link that I sent you to join our Google Classroom. It has been great talking to you. It should be nice today so get out and enjoy a walk to the sunshine.

March 17

Hello, I hope that everyone is doing well and taking care of themselves. Here are some activity suggestions that the CBE sent out https://cbe.ab.ca/programs/curriculum/learning-at-home/Pages/k-6.aspx I will try to send out more information and activity ideas each day. Here is a daily quiz You can post responses and comments to share your answers if you would like

April 16

Good morning everyone, I just wanted to remind everyone that we are having our first Google Meet tomorrow at 11 am. If you have not been able to log onto Google Classroom please contact me and I will try to help out however I can. To get onto Google Classroom log onto your student email in the same way that you would get onto Google Docs at school. I should have sent you a class invite. Remember this week we are using Raz Kids for Reading and Prodigy for Math and it would be wonderful if you were practicing your multiplication facts. Grade 3's need to know up to 5 x 5 and the grade 4's need to know up to 7 x 7. We will be using these skills next week when we begin using Google Classroom. Have a great day.