Skip to main content

December 13th

We have been doing lots with Art and Science lately.  We read a story called Snowmen at Night and that inspired us to do an Art project. We used oil pastels to make a snowman and some paper towels to smudge the pastels. We shaded the edges to make it look 3D and we included a shadow because we are learning about light and shadows in Science.

We have also been starting to learn about multiplication. We have been doing multiplication thinkboards to practice lots of strategies to solve problems like arrays, 100 charts. drawings, repeated addition and using known facts.We have been practice our 2 and 3 times tables when we do 2 minute math. We have also been playing some math games.

Our Winter Concert is at 4:45 - 6pm on Thursday December 20th. We have been practicing dancing with 3 Left Feet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 8th

Good morning everyone, I am still in the process of calling everyone and letting you know your new Razkids' login and making sure that you are able to get onto Google Classroom. For the students that I have not called yet, you can go to your gmail and use the link that I sent you to join our Google Classroom. It has been great talking to you. It should be nice today so get out and enjoy a walk to the sunshine.

March 17

Hello, I hope that everyone is doing well and taking care of themselves. Here are some activity suggestions that the CBE sent out https://cbe.ab.ca/programs/curriculum/learning-at-home/Pages/k-6.aspx I will try to send out more information and activity ideas each day. Here is a daily quiz You can post responses and comments to share your answers if you would like

Welcome Back April 6th 2020

Hi everyone, I hope that everybody had a wonderful break. I know that it was not as social as we would have wanted and the weather has not quite met my expectations of spring yet. But we are back! Over the next couple of days I will be contacting each of you to find out how your break has been and how your family is handling the new situation. I will also be asking you other questions: is anything that we can help you or your family with? can we help you get in contact with any community supports? what kind of computer access do you have? do you need paper learning packages? do you know your student email and log in information? do you need your passwords reset? do you need help getting onto D2L/ Google Classroom? is your guardian receiving emails? Once we have all of this information we will be in a much better position to help you learn from home. Thanks to the people who were checking the blog over the break.  For today I will be adding things to the...