Skip to main content

February 19th - 22nd

This week we built some bridges. First we started by watching a video about some kids in India who had to cross a rushing river to get to school. Then we started to design a blue print of a bridge that we would build. Next we built our bridges using materials like popsicle sticks, stir sticks, string and LOTS OF TAPE! After we finished we made a video where we talked about why our bridges were strong and why they might fail. Finally we tested our bridges by piling huge Jenga blocks (that weighed 18 and 1/2 small blocks) on our bridges until they collapsed.

We are super excited because Ms. Nguyen has come back to our class! Ms. Nguyen is a student teacher who has come from the U of C. She has been working with some of us to make better mind maps about resources in Canada like coal, gold and lumber.

Another thing we did this week was we practiced our multiplication by making math cards. We looked at our last Friday Frenzy and we looked at some of the questions we got wrong and then we made cards so we can practice by ourselves or with a friend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 8th

Good morning everyone, I am still in the process of calling everyone and letting you know your new Razkids' login and making sure that you are able to get onto Google Classroom. For the students that I have not called yet, you can go to your gmail and use the link that I sent you to join our Google Classroom. It has been great talking to you. It should be nice today so get out and enjoy a walk to the sunshine.

March 17

Hello, I hope that everyone is doing well and taking care of themselves. Here are some activity suggestions that the CBE sent out https://cbe.ab.ca/programs/curriculum/learning-at-home/Pages/k-6.aspx I will try to send out more information and activity ideas each day. Here is a daily quiz You can post responses and comments to share your answers if you would like

Welcome Back April 6th 2020

Hi everyone, I hope that everybody had a wonderful break. I know that it was not as social as we would have wanted and the weather has not quite met my expectations of spring yet. But we are back! Over the next couple of days I will be contacting each of you to find out how your break has been and how your family is handling the new situation. I will also be asking you other questions: is anything that we can help you or your family with? can we help you get in contact with any community supports? what kind of computer access do you have? do you need paper learning packages? do you know your student email and log in information? do you need your passwords reset? do you need help getting onto D2L/ Google Classroom? is your guardian receiving emails? Once we have all of this information we will be in a much better position to help you learn from home. Thanks to the people who were checking the blog over the break.  For today I will be adding things to the...