Skip to main content

August 19 - 23, 2019

Today for art we did a creative drawing of a pugacorn. To do our drawings we create our pugicorn we watch a video and followed the steps. Then we coloured our pictures and were creative with our backgrounds. Finally we did an art walk and responded to each others art.



Another thing we did this week was we had gym and learned a few new games. We learned how to play islandball, beanbag thief, tikiball, 4 corners and pizza party. Also in class Mr. Pressey taught us how to play wink murder and heads up seven up.

For reading and writing we learned about brain pockets. We discovered that we can make 3 kinds of connections. We can make imagination connections, fact connections and memory connections.

Mr. Pressey taught us how to get onto Prodigy. It is a math game where we battle monsters with math. If you answer the math question right you get to cast a spell on the monster.

https://www.prodigygame.com/

Early this week, evil/ sometimes nice, Mr. Pressey had us do a spelling test so Mr. Pressey can see how we are doing with our spelling. Mr. Pressey is going to use this to put us into our Words Their Way spelling groups.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

April 8th

Good morning everyone, I am still in the process of calling everyone and letting you know your new Razkids' login and making sure that you are able to get onto Google Classroom. For the students that I have not called yet, you can go to your gmail and use the link that I sent you to join our Google Classroom. It has been great talking to you. It should be nice today so get out and enjoy a walk to the sunshine.

March 17

Hello, I hope that everyone is doing well and taking care of themselves. Here are some activity suggestions that the CBE sent out https://cbe.ab.ca/programs/curriculum/learning-at-home/Pages/k-6.aspx I will try to send out more information and activity ideas each day. Here is a daily quiz You can post responses and comments to share your answers if you would like

Welcome Back April 6th 2020

Hi everyone, I hope that everybody had a wonderful break. I know that it was not as social as we would have wanted and the weather has not quite met my expectations of spring yet. But we are back! Over the next couple of days I will be contacting each of you to find out how your break has been and how your family is handling the new situation. I will also be asking you other questions: is anything that we can help you or your family with? can we help you get in contact with any community supports? what kind of computer access do you have? do you need paper learning packages? do you know your student email and log in information? do you need your passwords reset? do you need help getting onto D2L/ Google Classroom? is your guardian receiving emails? Once we have all of this information we will be in a much better position to help you learn from home. Thanks to the people who were checking the blog over the break.  For today I will be adding things to the...