Skip to main content

January 13th - 17th

January 14th - 17th

Well we survived the week in the freezer.

This week in Science we began exploring the different Animal classes. We started by researching about fish and then amphibians. The first thing we did was learn about some important vocabulary that we needed to know like vertebrate, cold-blooded, habitat, carnivore, herbivore, adaptations and lifecycle.  Then we read articles and watched videos to collect information. We learned about why we need to record our resources and why it is important to use more than one resource. Finally we learned about how we can use clear questioning to find information in a search engine like google. 


In Math, we were looking at strategies to get faster at our subtraction facts. and making to 10 were two strategies that we could use to get quicker at subtraction. Our goal is to be able to solve subtraction problems up to 18 in less than 3 seconds. We practiced all week for 2 minutes a day and had a quiz to see how many questions we could do in 5 minutes. Next Friday we will try this again and see if we can do more than we did this week.


To go with our new Science unit about Animals we learned how to draw a tree frog for our Friday Art. As a class we discussed some of the things that we learned about amphibians and we added some of the facts that we learned about these amazing animals. Take a look at some of our examples. We are becoming much better artists. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 8th

Good morning everyone, I am still in the process of calling everyone and letting you know your new Razkids' login and making sure that you are able to get onto Google Classroom. For the students that I have not called yet, you can go to your gmail and use the link that I sent you to join our Google Classroom. It has been great talking to you. It should be nice today so get out and enjoy a walk to the sunshine.

March 17

Hello, I hope that everyone is doing well and taking care of themselves. Here are some activity suggestions that the CBE sent out https://cbe.ab.ca/programs/curriculum/learning-at-home/Pages/k-6.aspx I will try to send out more information and activity ideas each day. Here is a daily quiz You can post responses and comments to share your answers if you would like

Welcome Back April 6th 2020

Hi everyone, I hope that everybody had a wonderful break. I know that it was not as social as we would have wanted and the weather has not quite met my expectations of spring yet. But we are back! Over the next couple of days I will be contacting each of you to find out how your break has been and how your family is handling the new situation. I will also be asking you other questions: is anything that we can help you or your family with? can we help you get in contact with any community supports? what kind of computer access do you have? do you need paper learning packages? do you know your student email and log in information? do you need your passwords reset? do you need help getting onto D2L/ Google Classroom? is your guardian receiving emails? Once we have all of this information we will be in a much better position to help you learn from home. Thanks to the people who were checking the blog over the break.  For today I will be adding things to the...