Skip to main content

January 20 - 24

January 20th - 24th

This week we continued our research of the different animal classes. We focused on reptiles and mammals. This was our first chance to see how cold-blooded and warm-blooded animals are different.

The grade 3's we focusing on symmetry, reading graphs as well as continuing to develop quick strategies for subtraction. The subtraction strategies we focused on was counting up, making to ten and thinking addition. The grade 4's were exploring representing fractions as decimal numbers and developing paper and mental strategies to subtracting decimal numbers.

Image result for wild robotDuring reading we were beginning to independently use the reading strategies that we have been learning about. The reading skills we have been focusing on have been connecting, code breaking, summarizing, questioning, visualizing and analyzing text features. We also practiced using these skills during our new class novel, The Wild Robot by Peter Brown.

We have continued our Art focus of doing realistic drawings of animals during for Science. This week we chose a sea turtle to represent reptiles. Here are some of our examples.

Please remember that we are focusing on home reading again. The class has set a goal of reading 50 times by Wednesday. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 8th

Good morning everyone, I am still in the process of calling everyone and letting you know your new Razkids' login and making sure that you are able to get onto Google Classroom. For the students that I have not called yet, you can go to your gmail and use the link that I sent you to join our Google Classroom. It has been great talking to you. It should be nice today so get out and enjoy a walk to the sunshine.

March 17

Hello, I hope that everyone is doing well and taking care of themselves. Here are some activity suggestions that the CBE sent out https://cbe.ab.ca/programs/curriculum/learning-at-home/Pages/k-6.aspx I will try to send out more information and activity ideas each day. Here is a daily quiz You can post responses and comments to share your answers if you would like

Welcome Back April 6th 2020

Hi everyone, I hope that everybody had a wonderful break. I know that it was not as social as we would have wanted and the weather has not quite met my expectations of spring yet. But we are back! Over the next couple of days I will be contacting each of you to find out how your break has been and how your family is handling the new situation. I will also be asking you other questions: is anything that we can help you or your family with? can we help you get in contact with any community supports? what kind of computer access do you have? do you need paper learning packages? do you know your student email and log in information? do you need your passwords reset? do you need help getting onto D2L/ Google Classroom? is your guardian receiving emails? Once we have all of this information we will be in a much better position to help you learn from home. Thanks to the people who were checking the blog over the break.  For today I will be adding things to the...