Skip to main content

January 9th-10th

January 9th - 10th

Welcome back everyone.

This week we started our new Math unit. We are learning all about subtraction and subtraction strategies. We need to make sure that we can use automatic mental strategies to solve problems up to 18. So that means we can solve 18-9 within 3 seconds mentally. So please practice at home.

We are also learning about strategies to solve subtraction up to 999 for the Grade 3's and 9999 for the grade 4's. We have been using think boards to help us out with that. Here is an example of a think board and a blank one to practice with.

Please remember that we have our It's a Crime Not to Read visit to the school on Tuesday so remember to return your books.

On Friday we continued our weekly drawing, creativity and response activity. The drawing was very challenging but we showed excellent perseverance and the response conversation at the end was wonderful. Have a great weekend and remember to dress warm next week.



Comments

  1. i am saadia noor your last years student can u please talk to me at your blog please remember me i was eishas friend saadia noor

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

April 8th

Good morning everyone, I am still in the process of calling everyone and letting you know your new Razkids' login and making sure that you are able to get onto Google Classroom. For the students that I have not called yet, you can go to your gmail and use the link that I sent you to join our Google Classroom. It has been great talking to you. It should be nice today so get out and enjoy a walk to the sunshine.

March 17

Hello, I hope that everyone is doing well and taking care of themselves. Here are some activity suggestions that the CBE sent out https://cbe.ab.ca/programs/curriculum/learning-at-home/Pages/k-6.aspx I will try to send out more information and activity ideas each day. Here is a daily quiz You can post responses and comments to share your answers if you would like

Welcome Back April 6th 2020

Hi everyone, I hope that everybody had a wonderful break. I know that it was not as social as we would have wanted and the weather has not quite met my expectations of spring yet. But we are back! Over the next couple of days I will be contacting each of you to find out how your break has been and how your family is handling the new situation. I will also be asking you other questions: is anything that we can help you or your family with? can we help you get in contact with any community supports? what kind of computer access do you have? do you need paper learning packages? do you know your student email and log in information? do you need your passwords reset? do you need help getting onto D2L/ Google Classroom? is your guardian receiving emails? Once we have all of this information we will be in a much better position to help you learn from home. Thanks to the people who were checking the blog over the break.  For today I will be adding things to the...