Skip to main content

End of the Week September 16th - 18th

End of the Week September 16th - 18th

We had a really exciting week in Room 8. Mr. Pressey was away with the grade 6's at their Tim Horton's camp so we had Ms. Hoblak in with us.

On Monday we started our Math groups. Some of us worked with Mr. Pressey, before he left, learning about place value. The rest of the class was split into 3 groups and we were playing different Math games.

In Social Studies we finished using Zooming in Alberta to research the six different regions. We researched about the different animals, plants, cities and landforms in each of the six regions. After that Ms. Hoblak did an art project with us all about the Parkland region. We painted a picture that include lakes, cattails, and a city background. Our paintings also included some ducks because the Parkland region is know as the "duck factory."

In Physical Education we were continuing with our basketball unit and we were do all sorts of shooting games. We learned that a good shot has to start with our legs, then go up through our arms and finish with our wrists.

We had a short week this week because we have Parent-Teacher Interviews on Thursday. Have a great weekend and enjoy all of the amazing changes in the plants around the city.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 8th

Good morning everyone, I am still in the process of calling everyone and letting you know your new Razkids' login and making sure that you are able to get onto Google Classroom. For the students that I have not called yet, you can go to your gmail and use the link that I sent you to join our Google Classroom. It has been great talking to you. It should be nice today so get out and enjoy a walk to the sunshine.

March 17

Hello, I hope that everyone is doing well and taking care of themselves. Here are some activity suggestions that the CBE sent out https://cbe.ab.ca/programs/curriculum/learning-at-home/Pages/k-6.aspx I will try to send out more information and activity ideas each day. Here is a daily quiz You can post responses and comments to share your answers if you would like

Welcome Back April 6th 2020

Hi everyone, I hope that everybody had a wonderful break. I know that it was not as social as we would have wanted and the weather has not quite met my expectations of spring yet. But we are back! Over the next couple of days I will be contacting each of you to find out how your break has been and how your family is handling the new situation. I will also be asking you other questions: is anything that we can help you or your family with? can we help you get in contact with any community supports? what kind of computer access do you have? do you need paper learning packages? do you know your student email and log in information? do you need your passwords reset? do you need help getting onto D2L/ Google Classroom? is your guardian receiving emails? Once we have all of this information we will be in a much better position to help you learn from home. Thanks to the people who were checking the blog over the break.  For today I will be adding things to the...