Skip to main content

End of Week November 18 - 22

Thank you so much. We had every parent from Room 8 attend our Parent-Teacher Night on Thursday. It was a great opportunity to discuss our successes and next steps.

This past week we were working on our new writing unit of persuasive writing. This type of writing will become very important as we explore our Science unit of Waste in Our World and our Social Studies exploration of current events that impact Alberta and the rest of the world.

In Math, we are beginning to look at a variety of strategies that we can use to solve addition problems. We start off by using an estimation strategy and then we use drawings, expanded notation (chunking), column addition and inverse operations.

During gym class, we have started to explore a new game called handball. To play this game we need to demonstrate accurate throwing skills, proper catching technique as well as teamwork, cooperation, fair play and defensive effort.

In Art, we continued our series of mixed media art explorations of the regions of Alberta. For this activity we used painting, cardboard, string and construction paper as well as printed images to create a postcard of the Alberta grasslands.

Mr. Katchur has asked me to remind students to practice for their winter concert. They will be playing a song called Cup Song to Sleigh Ride. Here is a link to the song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2gsrC7g9TY

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 8th

Good morning everyone, I am still in the process of calling everyone and letting you know your new Razkids' login and making sure that you are able to get onto Google Classroom. For the students that I have not called yet, you can go to your gmail and use the link that I sent you to join our Google Classroom. It has been great talking to you. It should be nice today so get out and enjoy a walk to the sunshine.

March 17

Hello, I hope that everyone is doing well and taking care of themselves. Here are some activity suggestions that the CBE sent out https://cbe.ab.ca/programs/curriculum/learning-at-home/Pages/k-6.aspx I will try to send out more information and activity ideas each day. Here is a daily quiz You can post responses and comments to share your answers if you would like

April 16

Good morning everyone, I just wanted to remind everyone that we are having our first Google Meet tomorrow at 11 am. If you have not been able to log onto Google Classroom please contact me and I will try to help out however I can. To get onto Google Classroom log onto your student email in the same way that you would get onto Google Docs at school. I should have sent you a class invite. Remember this week we are using Raz Kids for Reading and Prodigy for Math and it would be wonderful if you were practicing your multiplication facts. Grade 3's need to know up to 5 x 5 and the grade 4's need to know up to 7 x 7. We will be using these skills next week when we begin using Google Classroom. Have a great day.