Skip to main content

End of the Week Oct 28 - 31

We had a wonderfully spooky week this week.

We started two new important daily activities this week in Math. As a whole group we have begun our Math Talks problem solving. There are many purposes for this such as exploring challenging math problems. Explaining our problem solving strategies using math language and to discover that there are many different ways to solve the same problems.

Another key math activity we started this week was working on our mental math work sheets. We are doing this in order to learn new skills and practice math in a whole bunch of areas such as patterning, measurement, shape and number facts.

In Language Art Reading we have been focusing on the comprehension strategy of identifying the main ideas. While reading our class novel and during guided reading groups we were challenged with finding the main idea of single paragraphs, single pages and entire chapters. We continued to explore this same idea while watching the news on Thursday.

In Writing, we finished publishing our stories on Google Docs. We printed them off on Wednesday and shared them with our buddies, which was lots of fun. We came up with our rubrics to assess our writing based on everything that we have learned about writing narrative stories. Then we got to assess one of Mr. Pressey's stories that we helped write during our learning. One thing that we learned was that our writing can always get better.

In gym, we started a new badminton unit. So far we have learned how to hit safely, serve and to keep a rally going.

Remember next week is IT's a Crime Not to Read on Tuesday so return your books. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 8th

Good morning everyone, I am still in the process of calling everyone and letting you know your new Razkids' login and making sure that you are able to get onto Google Classroom. For the students that I have not called yet, you can go to your gmail and use the link that I sent you to join our Google Classroom. It has been great talking to you. It should be nice today so get out and enjoy a walk to the sunshine.

April 16

Good morning everyone, I just wanted to remind everyone that we are having our first Google Meet tomorrow at 11 am. If you have not been able to log onto Google Classroom please contact me and I will try to help out however I can. To get onto Google Classroom log onto your student email in the same way that you would get onto Google Docs at school. I should have sent you a class invite. Remember this week we are using Raz Kids for Reading and Prodigy for Math and it would be wonderful if you were practicing your multiplication facts. Grade 3's need to know up to 5 x 5 and the grade 4's need to know up to 7 x 7. We will be using these skills next week when we begin using Google Classroom. Have a great day.

March 17

Hello, I hope that everyone is doing well and taking care of themselves. Here are some activity suggestions that the CBE sent out https://cbe.ab.ca/programs/curriculum/learning-at-home/Pages/k-6.aspx I will try to send out more information and activity ideas each day. Here is a daily quiz You can post responses and comments to share your answers if you would like